About the Appetiser Trout Fly
Bob Church created this fly nearly 40 years ago in the early 70’s and it is still a very popular lure and general attractor which has over the years proved to be a successful killing pattern.
It works well when fished close to the surface as an imitator of fry. A silver or brass head can also be added for those times when the fish are down deep.
Creator of this trout fly: Bob Church
Tier of this trout fly: 0903
Country of origin for this trout fly: England
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Dams & Reservoirs, Still Water
- Hook : 6-12.
- Thread : Black.
- Tail : A well mixed bunch of silver mallard breast feathers, dark green and orange hackle fibres.
- Body : White chenille.
- Rib : Oval tinsel, silver.
- Beard Hackle : A well mixed bunch of silver mallard breast feathers, dark green and orange hackle fibres.
- Wing : White marabuo.
- Over wing : Natural squirrel hair.
- Head : Build up of tying thread.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Appetiser fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.