About the Trout Frog Trout Flies Fly
The Trout Frog is good all year round, especially good amongst weed in still water.
Use a twitchy retrieve simulating the frogs natural movements.
Creator of this trout flies fly: Harry Stewart
Tier of this trout flies fly: Harry Stewart
Country of origin for this trout flies fly: South Africa
This trout flies fly is designed to be fished on Dams & Reservoirs, Still Water fish
- Hook : 4-8.
- Thread : Black or dark brown.
- Legs (2) : Bunch of squirrel tail.
- Butt : Fluorescent red chenille.
- Body : Strip of brown mink.
- Back : Stripped partridge shoulder feather, with white centre.
- Belly : Light partridge speckled feather.
The legs are formed from a bunch of squirrel tail, as long as possible. Divide then splay out.
The chenille is wound crisscross to hold legs apart.
Wrap the strip of mink around the body towards the head, leaving room at the head to tie the feathers.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Trout Frog fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.